At ZogSports you can be yourself, love what you do and contribute to one of Atlanta’s favorite social sports organizations. Join our team and turn your passion for sports and organizing fun into your first great job.
Here’s what you need to know:
1. ZogSports delivers fun by bringing people together through sports. Every year we organize recreational sports leagues and great post-game happy hours for 100,000+ young professionals. Charity is an integral part of ZogSports. To date, we’ve donated over $3MM to teams’ charities.
2. ZogSports is the real deal. We have made the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest Growing Companies in the US for two years, as well as Crain’s Best Places to Work list in 2014 and 2015. We have training, a real strategy and care about our team and customers. As a result, our office culture is fun, energetic and a great place to be yourself and explore your potential.
3. This is an important gig where you’ll get a ton of responsibility fast, learn a ginormous number of transferrable business skills and have fun coming to work every day.
This is a great job because the Sports League & Expansion Coordinator is a brand-new, full-time position reporting to our experienced (and fun) Atlanta General Manager. You will be learning on the job by helping run leagues and events in Atlanta and working with the GM to manage the company’s growth into areas surrounding Buckhead, Midtown, and neighborhoods surrounding Atlanta. You will own the operations, marketing and growth of your leagues so it’s a true entrepreneurial opportunity. You will be well-supported, much appreciated and an integrated team member from day one.
Responsibilities and Duties
League & Expansion Coordinator primary requirements:
- Run and own several ZogSports leagues at all stages (from strategic planning to sales and marketing to operations).
- Work with General Manager to launch and manage ZogSports inside the perimeter and in the north side suburbs.
- Sales and networking: develop relationships with companies, outside organizations and individuals to help promote ZogSports leagues across the Atlanta Metro Area.
- Support the General Manager in the operations, marketing, strategic planning and growth of all Atlanta Metro Area leagues.
- Plan and manage grassroots marketing efforts employing creative new tactics to achieve growth and expansion goals.
- In addition to flexible office hours, will be required to work evenings at least 2-4 days/week, as well as occasional weekends at fields/gyms/bars.
- Knowledge of the Atlanta Metro Area (experience working/living in area).
- Excited by working in, and contributing to, a fun/active environment.
- Outgoing with a sense of humor
- Problem Solver
- BA or BS degree; 0-2 years of office experience.
- Fun on paper and in person with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at one time and work independently as well as within a team.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Punctuality is a must.
- Not petrified of technology, speaking on the phone, presenting to large groups, meeting new people at a bar, dragons, etc.
- Knowledge of organized sports, business of sports, and sports marketing.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Proficient with Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram (working knowledge of HootSuite is an added bonus!)
• Please email your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com
. Please reference “ATL League & Expansion Coordinator
” in the subject line of your email.
• Salary for this job is commensurate with experience, but generally entry-level. The position is eligible for company incentive plan and health benefits.
• Due to the great number of resumes we receive, we regret that we are unable to respond individually to each person interested in our company, or answer inquiries regarding the status of a particular resume. If there is interest in interviewing you for this job, a representative from ZogSports will contact you in the near future. We take our hiring process very seriously and potential candidates will meet with a number of team members before a final determination is made.
Thank you for submitting your resume to ZogSports!
ZogSports is an equal opportunity employer.