How Does It Work?
It's 8-on-8, 5 men and 3 women on the field at all times. It's no contact, 2-hand touch football. And we keep it exciting for everyone on the team through our three divisions (Sorta Players, Casual, and Extremely Casual) and our “female as a primary player” rule. We use the Nike Spiral Tech 1000 Youth Football.
What's the Cost and What's Involved?
Early/regular registration will open February 6th/February 23rd and close February 22nd/March 9th, or earlier if the league sells out. League fees are $700/$800 for a team of 15 players ($35 for each additional player over 15 - no limit to number of players on your roster) and $70/$80 for individuals (we'll get everyone on a team). ZogSports donates a percentage of our profit to charity.
- 7 games
- A heart-wrenching single elimination playoff tournament (50% of teams qualify)
- Organized Happy Hours at local bars after the game
- Field fees
- One head referee/game
- One t-shirt per person on the roster
- "Prize Money" from our sponsors donated to the winning team's charity of choice
- League administration
When Does It Start and When Are the Games?
- League starts Saturday, March 17th
- Games will be played on Saturdays between 1:00-6:00pm
Where Are We Playing?
Games will take place on the north soccer field at Piedmont Park.
What Are the Rules?
This is a fun, recreational touch football league, so we want everyone to play, stay involved, and stay safe. The key rules are:
- 8-on-8, no more than 5 men and no less than 3 woman on the field at all times
- No contact, 2-hand touch
- 2 completions for a first down
- Limit of 3 "earned" first downs per drive
- A woman must be a "Primary Player" within 3 consecutive plays
- Scoring - 6 points for touchdowns and your decision to go for 1- or 2-point conversion
What Are the Levels of Play?
ZogSports will try to accommodate all team and individual player requests for division, but we cannot guarantee all requests.