At ZogSports we believe life is better with real personal
connections, caring communities, and a sense of play. Join our team and turn
your passion for sports and organizing fun communities into a great
Responsibilities and Duties
Here’s what you need to know:
- ZogSports has grown rapidly in San Francisco, and now serves 5,000+ players per season
- Nationwide, ZogSports delivers fun by bringing people together through sports. Every year we organize recreational co-ed sports leagues and great post-game happy hours for 90,000+ young professionals. Charity is an integral part of ZogSports. Therefore, we donate a percentage of profit to charity every season.
- ZogSports is the real deal. We have made the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest Growing Companies in the US the past 2 years. We have training, a real strategy and care about our team and customers. As a result, our office culture is fun, energetic and a great place to be yourself and explore your potential.
- This is a great gig where you’ll get a ton of responsibility fast, learn a ginormous number of transferable business skills and have fun coming to work every day.
This is a great job because the Junior Sports Operations Manager is a full-time gig reporting to our League & Operations Manager. You will be learning on the job by helping run league operations throughout the Bay Area to help support the company’s rapid growth. You will be well-supported, much appreciated and an integrated team member from day one.
Junior Sports Operations Manager primary requirements:
- Referee Management – Schedule referees for the majority of weekly games in addition to managing all aspects of referee staff, including hiring, training, and development
- League Management – Support leagues by creating teams, schedules, and managing weekly standings updates
- Customer Service – Manage customer service responses pertaining to on-site operations
- Website Maintenance – Support website content management, including updating seasonal league pages and posting relevant notices
- Equipment Management – Ordering, maintaining, and coordination of athletic equipment
- Ability to work nights and weekends (most hours will fall into the general M-F work week, but additional nights and weekends will be required)
- Knowledge of the SF Bay Area (experience working/living in area)
- Interest in working in, and contributing to, a fun/active work environment
You Own It!
- BA or BS degree; 0-2 years of office experience
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects at one time and work independently as well as within a team
- Comfortable with technology, mainly Microsoft Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of organized sports, business of sports, and sports marketing
- Please email your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “SF JSOM” in the subject field of your email correspondence.
- Compensation package includes: salary for this job is commensurate with experience, but generally entry-level. The position is eligible for company incentive plan and health benefits
- Due to the great number of resumes we receive daily, we regret that we are unable to respond individually to each person interested in our company, or answer inquiries regarding the status of a particular resume. If there is interest in interviewing you for this job, a representative from the ZogSports will contact you in the near future. We take our hiring process very seriously and potential candidates will meet with a number of team members before a final determination is made.
Thank you for submitting your resume to ZogSports!